Saturday, January 1, 2011

Big Plans for 2011

Among the 3,344,579 resolutions I'm making for 2011, one is to grow as a photographer and decide which direction I want to take my obsession.  This blog  will be centered around the fun projects I'm embarking on for 2011 in hopes that my photos will improve.  The name of the game is practice, practice, practice.  My photographic resolutions are as follows:

1.  I've invested in this fabulous book by Kevin Meredith.


The goal of this book is to complete one project per week.  Week 1 starts now - Portraits. 


2.  I've started a Project 365.  One picture per day for an entire year.  My hopes are to frame these around my 52 weeks of assignments.  So, for the first 7 pictures I hope to add some interesting portraits.  Picture 1 was posted this morning of my sports-nut of a son.  His first task of 2011: basketball.



3.  I'm so excited for my first four second shooter gigs this year.  One of my favorite photographers is giving me some cool opportunities to try my hand at weddings.  (Thanks again, Danielle!).  Check out her site at Danielle Cover Photography.  Her work is fantastic.  First Wedding:  July 30.  That should give me ample time to practice and save up for my new lens.


Stay tuned... hopefully these projects will take me on some interesting journeys to produce some (hopefully) great pictures!! 

Happy and healthy new year to all!

XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment